Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Quarter 4 Week 8

We are so close to the finish line, and the students can taste the end! That being said, there is still so much to accomplish before the end!

End of the Year Parties
Our end of the year celebration will be Thursday June, 26th. Please be on the look out for more information from our classroom Moms!

The summer birthday bash will be on the last day of school. If you child has a birthday during summer break, please send them in with a treat to share with the class (I recommend little gifts like pencils, erasers and stickers in lieu of sugary snacks). We will sing them Happy Birthday and joy will ensue.

Content
Math
We have finished learning new material and are reviewing what we have learned in fourth grade.
Language Arts
We are doing our spelling words as usual. We are also reading the Jungle Books and practicing our writing skills. There will be a test on all 100 Greek and Latin Roots on Wednesday the 25th. Students should be studying a little every night!
Science
We are still studying the respiratory system. There will be an assessment on Friday.
History
We are studying the early presidencies. There will be an assessment early next week!


Summer Tutoring
Statistics show that students lose their last three months of progress during the summer vacation. I would hate to see my scholars struggle at the start of fifth grade, and I am offering three summer options to minimize summer regression. Please read through the three options below and contact me for more information.


  1. There will be a free math skills lab once a week during the month of July at the South East Regional Library for one hour. Days and times are TBA. If you are interested in this, please send me an email and I will put you on my contact list. 
  2. I also offer private tutoring for a fee during the summer. I will be available to tutor in all subjects to help ensure readiness for fifth grade. Contact me as soon as possible to start scheduling private tutoring with me. Mr. Posner and Ms. Speagle are also available for summer tutoring if you prefer. 
  3. There are also reading, grammar, and math packets I can send home with your child, which you can have your child complete at their pace. Email me if you would like one of these sent home with your child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment