Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Greetings 4B Parents and Guardians


Welcome to Fourth Grade! 

I am so excited you are joining my class this school year. As a Great Hearts teacher my classroom culture is joyful and dedicated to virtue, and academic rigor. We will spend time reading imaginative and awe-inspiring literature, discussing deep questions, and persevering through challenges. I look forward to watching your students grow into virtuous leaders and lovers of learning who enthusiastically embrace the good, true, and beautiful. 

This will be my second year teaching at Arete. In addition to my time working with fourth graders, I received a Bachelors Degree with High Distinction from the University of Virginia. At the University, I double majored in Religious Studies, focusing on Christianity and Islam, and in Italian Studies. It was through the Religious Studies Department that I participated in the Distinguished Majors Program, in which I wrote a research thesis on pneumatology in early Syriac baptismal liturgy. At the University, I also worked closely under Dr. Vigen Guroian, a Children’s Literature consultant for Great Hearts Academies, who personally recommended me for my position at Archway.  In addition to my academic qualifications, I spent over four years volunteering my time as a mentor to youth with Younglife. I functioned as the Team Lead for operations in Madison County, Va where I worked closely with four leaders to execute weekly social and instructional events for local kids, fostered mentor relationships with High School students, and acted as liaison between the local schools and Younglife committee. I am thrilled to combine my passion for the liberal arts and my love of young people in order to provide the best instruction possible for your children this year. 

Throughout the year, I hope that we will stay in close contact in order to best care for your child. You can reach me easily through email at lprestipino@archwayarete.org. Additionally, I will maintain a classroom blog (prestipino4b.blogspot.com) where you can find information about upcoming tests and classroom events. I recommend you use the “follow my blog” widget on the right side bar so that you receive an email when the blog is updated. I look forward to getting to know you and your child at Meet the Teacher night this Thursday.

Respectfully yours,

Ms. Prestipino

No comments:

Post a Comment